Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Saint Agur ( Monts du Velay)




I was so happy to notice St. Agur during my last shopping trip. I love blue cheeses so any new product is very welcome. Saint Agur has a quite short history, as it was created in 1988 in the volcanic region of Mont de Valey by Beauzac's master cheese makers. Their goal was to combine  a creamy texture with the subtle taste of a fruity blue.
St. Agur is matured for at least 80 days and final product in octagonal shape weights between 4-5 lb. Then the cheese is packaged in aluminum paper and it continues maturing  until we can enjoy it.


I like St. Agur. It has all of the characteristics which make the cheese tasty to me: it has strong, distinctive flavor coming from blue veins, it is salty, buttery and spreadable - perfect to enjoy on a slice of rye bread.
But still I enjoy more Blue Stilton or Roquefort.



No comments:

Post a Comment