Thursday, February 23, 2012

Belletoile Triple Cream Brie (Henri Hutin) / Double Creme Brie Cheese (France)

I even don't remember when was  the last time I bought that cheese. Belletoile Triple Cream is a spreadable cheese that is buttery, luscious  rich and mellow in flavor. But when I'm thinking about brie my first choice is always Traditional French Brie. And when I crave for a triple creme cheese I choose between Saint Andre and  Le Delice de BourgogneBelletoile Triple Cream is  too salty to my taste and not as satisfying as I would expect from triple creme cheese.



Another brie which is little disappointing to my (spoiled) taste buds is Double Creme Brie Cheese. Just ordinary brie, plain and forgettable. 





3 comments:

  1. I do like the Belletoile Triple Cream because I melt it on whole grain bread in the toaster over and put some Polaner apricot All Fruit. It's amazing and the price is right if you can find at Trader Joe's. I haven't been able to recently. I think they've discontinued it. I can't used a double cream brie because it gets "plastic-y" when it melts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the Triple for omelets. Great price at TJ's. Doesn't seem that salty to me but I am a salt person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all agree. Purchased from Trader Joe’s. Not a good Brie. Left to get a replacement. Yes that bad.

    ReplyDelete