Monday, February 6, 2012

Goat's Milk Cheddar/ La Buchette (Canada)

Two Canadian cheeses that have drown my attention. 
 I haven't notice any characteristic flavor of Goat's milk cheddar and I see no reason to eat it anymore. There are much better cheddar and more delicious goat cheeses to choose.
 I  used to buy it when I needed some cheese to use it in a casserole, because it grates and melts easily. I also liked it pale color.  Now I prefer chèvre, which flavor is more detectable.
Tuna Savoury with Goat's Milk Cheddar recipe.


 La Buchette not only has appealing look (after removing these ugly yellow sticks) but also fantastic flavor.



The cheese is a copy of  Bucheron - French goat milk's cheese derived from Loire Valley.  It is like a camembert cheese with delicate rind and chèvre in the center. Perfect pair - isn't it?

I WANT IT ALL! I WANT IT NOW!




No comments:

Post a Comment