Tuesday, October 18, 2011

White Stilton (Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire)

White Stilton is my favorite when I'm craving for something sweet. Rarely I eat chocolate or cakes, but cheese is my staple food (next to my own sourdough bread). There is so many cheeses  that one human life is not enough to try them all. 
White Stilton is young  cousin of Blue Stilton, which hasn't been enhanced with blue-mold starter cultures. It has mild taste which is flavored with dried fruits: blueberries, lemon peel, apple and pear (haven't tasted them yet), mango & ginger (very sweet), apricots (bland) and cranberries (delicious!)

  • with mango and ginger : interesting but too sweet for my taste buds.





  • with dried apricots: the fruit are for me too though and don't increase the flavor of the cheese





  • with cranberries: my favorite cheese for fall; cheese and cranberries are like a harmonious marriage












No comments:

Post a Comment