Monday, November 28, 2011

Pastures of Eden Feta (Israel)

My favorite feta is “Pastures of Eden” is a Balkan style Feta cheese made from 100% sheep’s milk produced by  the Sheep & Goats Breeders Association from Israel. It associates  200 sheep and goat farms located throughout Israel.
From 1998 the association exports its unique line of cheeses – “Pastures of Eden” – to the U.S.
This mildly salty Feta, has unique mellow flavor and texture, and I enjoy it much more than any other Feta cheese. I like it with bread and shrimps, in salads (with spinach and tomatoes) and use it as pastry filling or meat stuffing combined with pine nuts.



Recipes:

4 comments:

  1. The best Feta I've found. I go out of my way to get it. For those living in the Pocono Mt. region of eastern Pennsylvania, Wegman's is the only place I know that has it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contact Wegman's consumer affairs dept! They stopped selling this product in their supermarkets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didn't stop selling it in Erie, PA. The place where they make it in Israel moved and was due to start sending to Wegmans again in June but has been delayed until July. They have moved (the place in Israel) but they have to build there stock back up. The consierre at Wegmans I think told me that the place had burnt that's why they had to move.

      Delete
  3. Great feta cheese, rich and creamy, with just enough saltiness... really wonderful. Too bad I'm having trouble finding the product.

    ReplyDelete